Friday 22 March 2013

Comfort and Colour

Comfort and Colour

A couple of weeks ago we were in need of some comfort. Nothing is more comforting than a cup-of-chino. So Flats (*Flats is the Iranian cherub that we have the pleasure of residing with) and I set out on a Sunday morning to find some Jozi comforts.
We came across the Fourways Farmers market. www.ffmarket.co.za/ 

What a win. The setting, the food and of course the cup-of-chino were perfect.



The Iranian cherub enjoy the delish juices...Yummo


We treated ourselves to yummo juices – carrot/pineapple and ginger is definitely tops on my list – and a delish burger. Yes, it was a morning burger but when they smell that good there is no such thing as self-control. Don’t look at me like that…

The pops of colour coming from the nursery really put a smile on my face and a spring in my step. I love flowers, especially the really bright ones. I know it’s girly and probably geeky but who doesn’t love natural colour and beautiful things.



On our way through we spotted the perfect cafe for plotting our upcoming adventures. We found a cosy table for two on the outside patio and indulged in our cups-of-chino. It’s amazing how the creativity flows when one has a chino in one’s hand (and of course the Iranian cherub company). We managed to achieve quite a bit, unexpectedly I might add especially for a Sunday.

On our way out I looked back to the entrance of this wonderful find and noticed that even though you may find some relaxation and natural surroundings in Jozi, you cannot escape barbwire fencing. Well at least this lovely little market is protected – literally.


No comments:

Post a Comment